At The Peoples Nursing Agency we are committed to the safety of our Clients. To ensure the highest level of patient safety, Spectrum has implemented the following initiatives:
- Upon admission to service all Clients are assessed for the risk of falls using a standardized tool.
- Clients are given a score, based on risk factors, which is used to help determine the overall Client service and risk codes.
- Client falls are tracked through The Peoples Nursing Agency's incident reporting system and are reviewed regularly for process improvements.
Infection Prevent and Control
- The Peoples Nursing Agency has implemented the Ontario Government's "Just Clean Your Hands Program." Proper hand hygiene is reinforced with staff at orientation and on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
- All field staff are provided with alcohol based hand sanitizer and personal protective gear such as gloves, gowns and masks to prevent the spread of infection between Clients.
- Infection rates are monitored at time of admission and if the infection occurs while on service.
- The Peoples Nursing Agency has adopted the industry standards for Medication Reconciliation as a formal process.
- Staff strive to ensure that medication information transfer is accurate and complete in order to reduce the risk of medication errors for Clients, especially Clients who are transitioning from hospital to home or long term facility.
- Client Information Handbook: Booklet created by The Peoples Nursing Agency to provide Clients with information on Client safety, privacy, Client rights and service.
- All staff are provided ongoing training that focuses on increasing Client safety, these include educational sessions on: proper transfer techniques, safe use of Hoyer devices (i.e. lifts and IV pumps) and the use of protective gear for preventing the spread of infections.